- This event has passed.
Apiary Work Day – Jun 5
June 5, 2021 @ 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm EDT
WHAT TO EXPECT: Apiary Work Days (AWDs) are educational events, where members maintain the apiary as well as the club hives, which is a great way for new beekeepers to learn from more experienced members.
Each Apiary Work Day is currently limited to 10 people. By signing up ahead of time, you will ensure yourself a spot. Walk-ins are also permitted, but space is not guaranteed. Sign Up in the Comments on the Facebook Group Page. Not on Facebook, simply contact Max (239) 200-2596
All participants are required to sign a waiver prior to attending. Sign your Sting eWaiver now
Activities may include:
- Trimming Palms/Grass along the eFencing
- Checking the eFence
- Checking the Swarm Boxes
- Moving Swarms from the Swarm Boxes to larger boxes
- ReQueening Swarms
- Feeding Bees
- Doing Hive Inspections
- Treating for Pests when necessary
WHAT TO BRING:
- Your PPE. Minimum PPE is your veil. Gloves, jackets and suits are optional
- Your smoker and hive tool
- Water to stay hydrated. Avoid bringing straws or sweet drinks. The bees like those too
- Your positive & helpful attitude Keep in mind that there are lots of right ways to keep bees. Be open to learning and sharing.
Gulf Coast Beekeepers Association